Thank you for choosing to upgrade to MySchoolAnywhere. The upgrade process will upload the following data to your MySchoolAnywhere account from your desktop:
- Family and students
- Faculty and teachers
- Volunteer categories
- Fundraising categories
Important improvements that affect the upgrade
- Parent phone and email addresses: We’ve enhanced the system to link phone numbers and email addresses specifically with parents. The desktop software did not. This means that the unspecified phone numbers shown as Phone 1, 2 and 3 per household need to be associated with home and a parent. Unspecified email 1 and 2 also need to be associated with a parent.
- Duplicate email addresses: In MySchoolAnywhere we validate the email address to ensure there are no duplicates. The desktop application did not, which means we will need to clean out any duplicates in your data before we upload.
- Email Validation: The desktop did not validate whether or not an email was formatted correctly. MySchoolAnywhere has a full featured, built in email manager that requires properly formatted email addresses. Before we upload your data we need to ensure your emails are valid.
Upgrade Options: Due to the phone and email enhancements noted above, we offer the following upgrade options. Please select one:
- Recommended - Review your data before import, matching phone and email with parents. If you select this option proceed to the next few articles showing how to install the upgrade software and review and update.
- Upload and ONLY import the student names and grades, address information and the primary email. No phone numbers or parent names.
- Submit a request to schedule an upgrade by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your school name in the body of the email.
- We will contact you (usually within 24 hours) to schedule your upgrade and provide further instructions.
Please note that upgrades may take between 1-5 days depending on volume of requests and customer response time to questions.